29.5.13

The True Diana

You drew me up from the foam
and the brine you wiped me clean
of Titan’s filth and you called
me your own sweet darling one
to be fed on ambrosia
and commune eternally
with you as your warrior
handmaid no longer ravaged
and ravaging in the deep

Just as the moon reflects the
sun so do I reflect you
my God-King in this silver
bright armor born of the blood
of your Vulcan and polished
with tears for his sister-bride
radiant beloved chaste in
armor you commissioned and
he willingly toiled through

This girdle of mail such strong
bright links to guard and display
as only your armor can
full hips and thighs dearly loved
as the full heart and breasts now
cradled and protected by
chest plates fire-tempered bearing
your seal etched and polished
claiming me for Olympus

A helmet-crown he wrought of
filigree ornate and strong
as the heart who fashioned it
for this the mind it must form
to direct feet and ankles
in these shoes swift as time
delicate and rugged as
the white hart my companion
and pursuit above all else

This shield so broad and shining
as a mirror polished to
reflect your bright face not mine
this sword he fashioned in your
image for guided arms to hew
and heal a protector pierced
to divide and mend serves me
better than the finest bow
my warrior heart could want

Refined metal becomes skin
of my skin over and in
soul of my soul exults at
your most lavish provision
of me the sister-bride in
Vulcan your truest lightning
equipping me for love and
the hunt in silver-gilt flesh
to be both chaste and chaser

No comments:

Post a Comment